Dr. Saikat Datta works as a Consultant -- Hemato - Oncology & Bone Marrow transplants at Bansal Hospital, Bhopal. He has more than 17 years of effective experience working as a haematologist. Dr. Datta earned his MBBS degree from R.G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata, and later went on to pursue his master’s (MD) from N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata. Additionally, he also has a doctorate in clinical hematology (DM). Before beginning his full-time position as a haematologist at Bansal Hospital, Bhopal, he worked as a trainee at Tata Hospital in Mumbai for bone marrow transplants (2021). As a health professional, he has a great commitment to ethics; upholding moral principles is not simply something he remembers, but also something he actively practises. Clinical Hematology is a branch of clinical medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of blood disorders including blood cancers.
|2000-2006||M.B.B.S.||R.G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata|
|2011-2014||M.D.||N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata|
|2015-2018||D.M.||Clinical Haematologyfrom Institute of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine, Kolkata|
|-||Specialty Training in the Bone marrow Transplant||TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai|
Specialization and Expertise
- Indian society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion ( ISHBT )
- Indian society of Blood& Marrow Transplantation ( ISBMT )
- Best Oral Presentation Award in 2nd ISBMT Annual Conference 2021
- 2nd place in Zonal level in 3rd ISHBT NATIONAL HAEMATOLOGY QUIZ FOR POST GRADUATES
- 2nd place in State level in 3rd ISHBT NATIONAL HAEMATOLOGY QUIZ FOR POST GRADUATES
- Certified by Foundation of Clinical Research & GOOD CLINICAL PRACTICE (GCP)
1. Das R, Datta S, Kaviraj A, Sanyal SN, Nielsen P, Nielsen I, Sharma P, Sanyal T, Dey K, Saha S. A decision support scheme for beta thalassemia and HbE carrier screening. J Adv Res. 2020 Apr 24;24:183-190. doi: 10.1016/j.jare.2020.04.005. PMID: 32368356; PMCID: PMC7186556.
2. ArunKalantri, Siddhesh&Datta, Saikat&Maitra, Dhritiman& Bhattacharyya, Maitreyee. (2016). Thyroid abscess in case of Pre B acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a rare presentation. BMJ Case Reports. 2016. bcr2016216523. 10.1136/bcr-2016-216523.
3.ArunKalantri, Siddhesh&Nayak, Akshatha&Datta, Saikat& Bhattacharyya, Maitreyee. (2017). Isolated third nerve palsy: a rare neurological presentation of Burkitt’s lymphoma. BMJ Case Reports. 2017. bcr-2017. 10.1136/bcr-2017-219670.
4.Pal, Souren&Biswas, NirendraMohan&Datta, Saikat&Brahmachari, Ramkrishna. (2016). Immune thrombocytopenic purpura in a case of tubercular pleural effusion: A rare presentation. Lung India. 33. 105. 10.4103/0970-2113.173083.
5.Dey, Soumit&Datta, Saikat&Chaudhuri, Snehamay& Chandra Paul, Prabir&Khandakar, Binny&Mandal, Sonali. (2016). Preoperative Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Ovarian Lesions – Is It a Rapid and Effective Diagnostic Modality?. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 10. EC16-EC19. 10.7860/JCDR/2016/15729.7447.
6. Datta, S., Dey, S., Mukherjee, S., Paul, P. C., Bhattacharyya, A., Biswas, S., &Tudu, B. (2013). Testicular fibroma of gonadalstromal origin with minor sex cord elements, presenting with hydrocele. Rare tumors, 5(3).
7. Chaudhuri, S., Datta, S., Paul, P. C., Mukherjee, S., &Malo, S. (2014). Cytologically Diagnosed Ovarian Carcinoma Turned Out To Be a Case of Chronic Ectopic Pregnancy. Journal of Interdisciplinary Histopathology.
8. Mukherjee, S., Dey, S., Paul, P. C., Datta, S., & Bhattacharya, A. (2013). Endometrial stromal sarcoma presenting as an ovarian cyst–A case report. The Southeast Asian Journal of Case Report and Review, 2(2), 139-144.
9. Datta S, Pal A, Maity M, Boler A K ,A Rare Case of Chest Wall Schwannoma with Destruction of Rib, Masquerading as A Breast Mass. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research .( accepted, processing ongoing)
10. Khandakar, Binny&Dey, Soumit& Chandra Paul, Prabir&Medda, Sriparna& Bhattacharya, Aparna&Datta, Saikat. (2014). Retroperitoneal Giant Ancient Schwannoma. Archives of Iranian medicine. 17. 847-9.
Specialty Training in Bone marrow Transplant ( TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL , MUMBAI )